Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Friday, January 25, 2008

So the call began... *UPDATED*

Susan (the nurse): "LIW, How are you?"

Me: "Nervous"

Susan: "Well, I am SO happy to be calling you today."

In a nutshell, there will be no Spamalot this weekend.

And the HCG = 240.

Susan was nearly giddy about the number. I was told that they hope for 150.

Either there are twins in there, it's a healthy singleton pregnancy, or both.

Today, I am choosing not to worry about all that could still go wrong. I will return on Monday for another beta, and then again on Thursday.

I didn't ask when the u/s would be. I don't want to think about that yet.

Susan told me that cramping is normal (which I am experiencing a lot today.) I explained that I was worried all my symptoms were from the progesterone and we laughed together.

Of course, I was sobbing like a baby at that point. And I was shaking uncontrollably, though that has been part of my life lately. That flu I felt was coming on? I guessin that's Fira and/or Thira doing their thang.

I need to thank each and every one of you for giving me the love and strength to survive the craziness that is ivf.....

XOXOXOXO

*****************************
Holy Shit. I have so much work to finish up. Man, it is hard to concentrate!

But I wanted to make sure that I add a couple of things.

1) I am not blind to the fact that this news will cause many of you great pain. I spoke to my best friend, who spent 7 years in the trenches and ended up with a divorce and no children, who is having a very hard time with it. She feels badly but I *understand*. I do. I understand 100% if you can't be supportive. And, if you go away, I hope you will return one day when you find yourself in a better place.

and

2) I am so so so so so so very grateful to have gotten this far. I realize how far we have to go - and I know it is going to be a long journey - but getting this far is an achievement. And my goal is to celebrate it as much as I can. If this pregnancy fails, I want to make sure that I appreciated it every step of the way and as much as I humanly could.....

Holy shit. Fira and/or Thira decided to stick around. I hope they plan to stay until October of 2008.......

39 comments:

DMB (andbabybmakesthree.wordpress.com) said...

CONGRATS! Have a nice celebratory dinner!

D

Keeping The Faith said...

Wonderful news! I'm so very happy for you and can't wait to follow along on your pregnancy journey. What an exciting and joyful day.

Tracy said...

OH! I am so happy for you! It is so great to get GOOD news for a change...and what good news this is.

niobe said...

I'm so thrilled to hear your good news!!!

LJ said...

Ok, I know I called you and expressed my serious exuberance over this news, but YAY! I mean, could not have happened to a more awesome woman!

Waiting Amy said...

Excellent! Wonderful! Terrific!

I'm so happy for you LIW! You are right to take small achievements at a time. A few betas to enjoy, then worry about the scans.

Oh, so, so happy for you!

Serenity said...

I've already told you that I'm doing backflips. WOOT!!!

Awesome. just freaking AWESOME.

Amanda said...

Hooray!!!! I am so happy to hear such wonderful news!!! I can't wait for more fabulous calls from Susan!

Have a wonderful celebratory dinner! <3

Space Mom said...

Squeal!!!!!!!!

So excited!!! 240 is AWESOME!!!!!!

No matter what else, wake up tomorrow and say "Today, I am Pregnant!"

Shelby said...

240 is fantastic!!! Congratulations!! I hope you have a wonderful celebratory dinner, and a great weekend! Yeah!!

MrsSpock said...

That is fantastic! Congratulation!

Kristen said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful beta! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months. XOXO

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan said...

YEA! YEA! YEA!
this is FANTASTIC! i'm so happy for you!

Tara said...

OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!


That's so awesome! Awesome news!

Meghan said...

Oh, you made me cry at work. I am SO.FREAKIN.HAPPY for you!

Enjoy your fantastic celebratory dinner...minus the vino of course ;)

sharah said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear your good news!

green girl said...

so so happy for you!! I was thinking of you this morning! :)

W.B.
wishingbee.wordpress.com

Lori Lavender Luz said...

LIW -- Such great news!

Get comfy in there, little Greeklets. Stick around for awhile!

Samantha said...

Congrats for you! What a great beta number!

Caro said...

oh wow I'm crying and smiling for you. might even have to do a little dance around the room. What great news.

Courtney said...

MAJOR congratulations to you!!! I hope you enjoy a wonderful dinner. :)

Happy said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Congratulations!!!

Babe* said...

Congrats!!

Amy said...

LIW ~ Congrats on the great beta!

Jen said...

Yay! Congrats!

E. Phantzi said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I know you are being cautiously hopeful but I am so happy for your good news!

Anonymous said...

I knew it! What wonderful news!

ultimatejourney said...

I had an insane day and am just getting to check in on you now. I'm SO EXCITED to see happy news! Congrats!

Delenn said...

This is such great news!!! And don't be-little your experiences--it has taken you a lot to get here!!!

Congratulations!!

(Although I hear Spam-a-lot is great--I think you can deal!)

:-)

Delenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BigP's Heather said...

YAY!!

And I soooo agree with number 2 - you should enjoy this as much as possible!

Cibele said...

OMG, COngratulations! I am so happy for you. Great beta!
PS: dont worry too much about the cramps, I had lots for the first few weeks

Natalie said...

OMG! Congrats girl!!!!

christina(apronstrings) said...

sSSSSSSSSSSSSQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!

Becks said...

I am so so so thrilled for you. It's been a tough rough old ride but now the light at the end of the tunnel is there. Delighted!!

The Posh Nosh said...

Wow! I am so happy if your. Itis nice to hear that someone who has been through so much, has gotten good news!

Amanda said...

Yay! What great news. I hope you had a nice dinner.

C said...

Yay!!! I'm SO happy for you!! I can't wait to hear the next beta results for Fira and Thira!