Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

More weirdness...or....are those my ovaries? *UPDATED*

This experience is so weird.

The choice of the word "weird" suggests that I posses an incredibly limited vocabulary. But I simply cannot think of a better word to describe how I feel.

The trigger shot last night went fine and I am nearly counting the minutes until tomorrow morning. I am *really* hoping for a BIG basket of healthy eggs. Anything over 12 will truly delight me. I will be increasingly giddy the closer the number gets to 20.

The discomfort was really intense this morning but, strangely, it seems to have abated a tiny bit. Either that or I am getting used to it. I hate to stand but I tend to feel better after I have been on my feet - instead of sitting on my *ss at my desk - for a while.

The aching is not intense but it certainly exceeds the area where my little (HUGE?) ovaries reside. I feel aching to the left and right of my torso. Sometimes my lower back aches, too.

And my abdoment feels so so heavy.

And full.

I was starving this morning before breakfast but I felt full at the same time.

SO. FREAKIN. WEIRD.

And I feel a little nauseous now. Nothing major but this fullness is confusing my body for sure.

Don't even ask about bathroom issues (not that you would...but since you did....) but the pressure or fullness or something is screwing with my intestines. IBS and swollen ovaries do not mix.

So don't try it at home, ok?

Ugh, now that I have been sitting down for a few, it feels worse again.

Sometimes it feels like I have to (clears throat) go to the bathroom. You know, in THAT way.

But as I alluded to above, that aint going so well. And I am not even sure I *really* have to or the heaviness is making me think that I do.

What doesn't help is that I started religiously taking folic acid again.

Now, before you yell at me for the alluded-to vitamin break, please let me explain.

Vitamins exacerbate my IBS. If you don't know about IBS, please do a little research and then come back. In a nutshell, it sucks. Either your intestines go into overdrive and move things through too quickly OR they nearly stop working all together.

Vitamins cause the latter. Anything and everything with lots of vitamins and minerals do. It sucks, especially since I like to eat healthy and even enjoy vitamin-rich food. I have to be very careful how much I consume and when. The same goes for sugar (which I live for) and fried foods (which I probably should never eat so only do so rarely.)

So what I have been doing is taking vitamins through most of the month but then giving my system a couple of days off when my intestines start to get really out of whack in order to avoid ending up in considerable pain and having to resort to desperate measures (read suppositories.) Ugh.

For the past couple of months without treatment, I took Vitamin-C enhanced vitamins when people at work were sick, which was often.

What am I going to do if I ever need to take prenatal vitamins? You had to ask...

My OB, when we were TTC naturally, told me that the most important vitamin is folic acid in the first trimester and that I should take that alone if I can't handle the prenatal vitamins.

I plan to discuss this issue with my new OB if/when I am pregnant. Honestly, Flint.stone vitamins do the least amount of damage. Hopefully, I can make something work with those and take lots of fiber supplements at the same time. It is going to be a challenge but it will all be worth it as long as we end up with a healthy baby/ies.

Again, I am getting ahead of myself.

Geesh, I can't help but be hopeful. Follicle growth spurs hope, I guess. Along with physical discomfort.

I plan to update tomorrow afternoon after the egg retrieval. If I am too drugged to do it, I will update Friday morning.

Thanks for all your well-wishes!! You mean the world to me, you know that, right?

*************************************
Ok, so I noticed that a few bloggers took the geek/nerd/dork test. Curiosity got to me so I took it. Below are the results, which don't surprise me (for the most part). I could have told you that I was a pure nerd.

The only surprising part is that I am supposed to be successful. HA!, I say as I sit here in my ridiculously easy temp job....

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

You can take the test via this link: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=9935030990046738815. Just be prepared that this is actually a dating site in disguise, so make sure to use a junk email addres....

And then let me know how you scored!

13 comments:

beagle said...

Stopping by to wish you luck tomorrow!

Waiting Amy said...

Yeah! ER right around the corner! Woo HOO!

I think in the final stages of maturation the follicles can actually get a little softer so maybe that's why less discomfort. Sorry the trigger is messing with your IBS.

Hoping for a super smooth retrieval and a BIG basket of eggs!

AwkwardMoments said...

I have read also that progesterone wrecks havoc on the whole IBS track as well. Hang in there! I am glad you made it through the trigger shot! Sending you lots of eggie vibes for tomorrows basket!

JJ said...

Sending you LOTS of egg luck;)

Caro said...

good luck tomorrow. As for the IBS issues, my sisters suffer and I do a bit so I understand. The advice is the uk is that the multivits are unnecessary, only folic acid is needed so you'd probably be fine with just that.

Meghan said...

So with you on the blockage part. It sucks.

Good luck with retrieval...wishing for a nice big basket of eggies for ya

Anonymous said...

I think a Flinstone and folic acid will do just fine.

Delenn said...

Cool Nerd here...

Good luck tomorrow! Wishing you that basket of eggies!

Samantha said...

Just remember that your ovaries have never done this before, and would never do this on their own with some pretty powerful drugs. A little weirdness is to be expected.

Good luck!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck today!! I am dying to know how it goes.

niobe said...

Fingers crossed for on the order of 20-ish fantastic eggs.

christina(apronstrings) said...

can i just call you chicken? or ms. egg lady? i guess that would be a little 'wierd.'

geez, IBS sounds freakin miserable! i know this may sound insane...but folic acid is really just the vitamin b group right? Could you take B12 shots?? Do they do the same thing? Would shots still bother you??

No matter what i hope you feel better soon.

Tara said...

Hope everything went well today. Looking forward to an update.

((HUGS))