Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Is the stress going to kill me? 10dp3dt

It may. It wouldn't be the first time in my life that I asked myself this question. In fact, I have probably asked myself this question 100s of times.

Which strongly suggests that the answer will be no, right? I am still here. Still fighting. Though feeling largely defeated.

I am back at work today. I can actually stand up straight, which is quite an achievement. The pain is still there, but less intense. Of course, my intestines have shut down because I have barely moved for two days and live on crackers and protein but beggers can't be choosers, right?

So, I want this ivf cycle to be over. I *need* it to be over.

I think it worked. But, then again, I think it failed.

I still have some minor symptoms. I feel ocassional twinges/aches in my uterus - mostly on the left side. The veins in my breasts are more pronounced and I think I experience aches in them. I continue to be grossed out by anything sweet and, if I can manage to eat anything, it has to be of the salty variety. But I would be stupid not to assume that the PIO caused all of these symptoms. We know from past experience that I react *very* strongly to meds.

I am horribly nauseaus, but it is likely that that is from the ulcer. Or maybe not. I simply don't know.

But how could I know? After 20 cycles or so of TTC, I simply cannot trust myself. Trusting my instincts have never come easily to me and IF has destroyed any vestige I had left in this area. Complicating matters is the fact that progesterone tricks your body into thinking that it is pregnant.

I am considering POAS tomorrow morning/evening or Friday morning. I think it might help to know what to expect when I get the call on Friday afternoon. If the test is negative, then I will know that the cycle failed OR it was a chemical pregnancy. If it is positive, then I can expect a positive result.

I am a chicken shit, which is why I have not yet tested. I didn't want a false result - positive or negative. But we are getting close enough now to get a reliable result, especially since my sister has given me a bunch of tests from her lab (which are more accurate than OTC tests.)

If the test is false, then I will call my PCP on Friday morning and ask for a prescription for stomach meds. And I will take one Friday afternoon if the nurse tells me that the cycle failed. I bet since I haven't taken the meds in a long time they will work right away. That's what happened the first time I took them.

Mr. LIW and I decided that, if the cycle failed, we will do the following:
* do a frozen cycle in the next two months
* if that fails, take a break until after our vacation to Mexico
* do another fresh cycle in May or June.

The last option is only viable, however, if our insurance allows us to extend the approval for another fresh cycle past April 22nd. I am going to assume that that is possible.

I need a break, my friends. As I have stated many times before, IF is a soul-killer.

And the knowledge that, whatever the result of this cycle, the peace I long for is not on the horizon increases my stress level. I can't help it. A pregnancy is frightening on so many levels, as is the thought of becoming a parent.......

There's no rest for the weary, my friends. But I just have to get through it. My therapist would tell me not to ask more of myself than that.

10 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Does chamomile tea sound good? I just want to pamper you and relieve the pain for a little while.

It shouldn't be this hard, huh.

niobe said...

This sounds awful on so many levels. If it were me, I would POAS immediately. But that might not be what's helpful for you. (hugs)

AwkwardMoments said...

Hang on for a few more days. I do hope that the stomach pain will ease up on you. That is more than one person should have to endure. Rooting for two lines

Space Mom said...

I would hold off on POAS. You make still have some hormones in you that will indicate pregancy even if you aren't. Can you wait til Friday?

I know this is hard. I know the wait is terrible. Every minute is plauged by "Yes I am!" "no I am not!"

Please know that you are not alone!

Jen said...

I'm so with you! I'm not peeing on a stick! But I really hope all these symptoms are a sign of good things to come!

Samantha said...

That is one rough situation to be in - between the stomach pain and the pain of not knowing - what a killer! I understand about not wanting to POAS too early - you don't believe the test results if it's negative, but end up feeling bad all the while anyway.

Take care, and hang in there for the definitive result!

megan said...

i still maintain that you should remain safely under the blankets in your bed until friday, miss.

lori is right, it just shouldn't be this hard.

i was never much for PingOAS unless they were OPKs. the other ones are too terrifying. my vote is to stay away from the sticks, but you should do what you need to do to ease yourself though the next few days.

thinking of you, miss. take care.

beagle said...

Fingers crossed for you . . . sorry it's all so hard.

Delenn said...

Hang in there! I am crossing everything I have for you.

Hmmm..the word verification is "fPEEnuy". Maybe that is an omen for you to POAS? But wait as long as you can!

christina(apronstrings) said...

i would POAS too. i am impatient as all.
i am sorry that the 2ww, and especially the 1ww sucks so much.
you know what i am hoipng for...what we're all hoping for.
xoxox