Holy sh*t, am I ANGRY today.
And I mean A.N.G.R.Y.
I want to punch something....or, better yet, someone.
HARD.
It's got to be the progesterone. There's really nothing in my life at the moment that is making me so angry.
In fact, it doesn't even feel life-specific, if that makes sense. It feels chemical.
Let's just say I was wishing that Mr. LIW had already left for work by the time I got up. THEN he just HAS to brush his teeth while I am trying to get in the shower.
(As usual, I was running about 5 minutes behind the ideal schedule I set for myself every morning yet fall short of.)
I rushed into work for an early meeting which ,apparently, had been cancelled. Or something.
Then I found out that the two-hour meeting later this morning that I had been both looking forward to (because it was going to be incredibly interesting) and dreading (because I am in a bad mood and don't want to be around people) had been cancelled.
Which, you guessed it, made me even angrier.
Anyone remember that disturbing movie in the early 90's which depicted a veteran who had gone crazy from the aggression-enhancing drugs he was given in the war? I think that PIO would have worked just as well as whatever drug he was given. On second thought, maybe it was the same thing.
It's not necessarily the shots, per se. Sometimes they hurt more than others. But they are not excruciating.
It doesn't help that my brea.sts hurt like a MOFO and I recoil each and every time anything touches them. Especially when I have to fight with my cat, Max, to give him his medication (which has to be shoved down his throat twice a day.)
But it's not really *anything* tangible. Yet it is SO real.
Ugh. I wish I could spend the day at the movies - avoiding other people as well as myself.
But, alas, I am here at work now faced with one of the projects on which I had been procrastinating.
And convincing myself that I am failing at this job, which I know is not the case (the scuttlebutt continues to be that they want me to stay permanently and the visiting physicians from Dubai have reportedly said wonderful things about me.)
These are just the thoughts I think when I am in a bad mood.
If I don't obsess about this cycle, then what else is there to think about?
There's work. And my job situation. And how I have yet to hear from the people who were expected to contact me in January about opportunities. I will reach out to them soon but not today. I can imagine how irritable I would come across.
Instead, I will sit here and do my work. And fume for no reason.
What IFers go through is underestimated and overlooked......
*********************************
I am feeling less angry now. I am still irritable, for sure, but less desperate to break something.
Dr. Google tells me that PIO can cause irritability and depression, especially in people prone to depression.
Which, we all know, is me.
Thank goodness that I researched my anti-depressants before starting TTCing nearly two years ago. I was ready to go off of them but then I read research by physicians considered experts on the topic (one right here in Boston!) that indicated that the impact of my specific med on babies is minimial enough to warrant staying on it.
Especially because going off of it significantly increases the chance that I would suffer from post-partum depression. Ugh.
So, I have continued with my 40mg of cital.opram every night. Imagine if I had stopped it? I would probably be a complete emotional mess.
Other than the irritability, I continue to have intermittent uterine cramps. And a heaviness that is around more often than it is not.
And intense salt and veggie cravings.
But that could be the progesterone, too......
(I would be lying if these things weren't helping to maintain my hope just a little....)
The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing the Space....
- Blurb This
- Certifiably Infertile
- Crazy? or Pregnant
- Dead Baby Jokes
- Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Egg Drop Soup
- Fertility Challenged in Florida
- Fortune Cookie Follies
- Henry Street
- Infertility and Hope
- Infertility Just Sucks
- Life from Here: Musings from the Edge
- Life In a Pitri Dish
- Looking for two lines
- Losing the Baby Wait
- Mission Impossible or Adventures in Infertility
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- My Prayers His Promises
- One Hardy Swimmer
- One Miracle Needed
- Our Journey to Parenthood
- Outlandish Notions
- Reproductive Jeans
- Searching for Hope
- Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters
- The Island
- The Making of Baby V
- The Mama Wannabe
- The Maybe Baby
- The Secret Garden
- The Sweet Life
- The Trials of Trace in Adoption La-La Land
- Un-Simple Procreation
- Wishing Bee
- Wizard of Ovulation

10 comments:
I hope this doesn't last the whole time you're on PIO shots, which could be a while if all goes well! I wish I could think of something funny to say, but I didn't get quite enough sleep to have any personality this morning, not just yet anyway!
ACK... I am sorry those shots are making you angry. I , too, wish I had words of wisdom , but wise, I am not
I am just catching up here and I am so excited for you. Sorry the PIO is messing with you.
progesterone makes me lethargic and it makes me want to kick people in the shins.
and it HURTS.
blech.
though, i hope you will be on it for quite some time. ; )
I get that way too. I promise it wont last. Try not to strangle anyone. I know it's hard when everyone in your proximity are acting like idiots. They always do that during th 2WW. Why is that?
Everything about progesterone is evil, just evil.
I wore a sports bra all the time to help with the sore boobs. Actually, it just helped me to not obsess about every twinge in them.
And those cramps sound promising! Thinking good thoughts for you
PIO sucks ass.
The movie was Jacob's Ladder and it has stuck in my head forever.
I hope you feel better soon. Or at least I hope it's all worthwhile in the end.
Aww, geez, I'm sorry. I was like this when I was on Clomid... it's what made me really leery of other fertility treatments.
Hope it fades over time!
Hope ahead..read with caution
The first pregnancy I had (ended in m/c) I lost it. I was so angry. I was upset because the oil company raised our price to $1.40 a gallon (I know!) and I was holding a box of Cap'n crunch. I threw it to the floor and jumped on it! And then I cried and cried
The second pregnancy (Soleil) I got mad because someone chipped the paint on our front door. I lost it AGAIN. I punched the door so hard I bruised my hand. THis was not me. I tend to have strong emotions during the first month of pregnancy....
Here's to hope!
Post a Comment