This is the only word that's been resounding in my head since 8:45am. And the times that I uttered it out loud while commuting from my clinic to work led to some curious stares.
I haven't gotten the definitive call from the nurse yet, but the tech was quite confident that I did ovulate already. The ability of the dildocam never ceases to amaze me.
And the fucking OPK this morning appeared to indicate the same.
Mr. LIW and I gave it the ol college try last night since the closest to positive that the test got was on Wednesday. Since the test indicates that ovulation will happen within 24-48 hours, it was possible (though remotely) that we got those swimmers up there within my most fertile window.
But it is unlikely.
What IS likely is that my first Clo.mid cycle was a bust.
Please join me in cursing the makers of Clea.rBl.ue Easy. Because they SUCK.
If for some bizarre reason we are successful this month, I owe it to Serenity. If she hadn't reached out to me, I never would have thought that I had ovulated and called my RE. AND gave it our best shot last night.
So, let's all raise a BIG glass of wine to Serenity. And then raise your second glass (and your third, etc.) to all of you bloggers who continue to keep me sane with your loving and thoughtful comments.
*****************************************************************
So, here's the situation.
Serenity is brilliant.
I did, in fact, ovulate.
And I am a bad person because I wanted to scream at my RE's nurse who is incredibly nice. Luckily, she only left me a message so I didn't have the chance.
She was just so damn chipper about it.
She told me that doing the deed last night was a smart move.
But she *totally* confused me when she told me to continue giving it a try every 24-48 hours for the next 4 to 5 days.
Does this make sense to anyone? I thought (KNOW) that there's only a 24-hour window within which to conceive once ovulation has occurred.
I plan on seducing Mr. LIW once again tonight just in case. But wouldn't it be a waste to try beyond today? I am guessing that I ovulated yesterday given the OPK results and the cramping that I had and the u/s results...
Come on, wise bloggers. Share your thoughts!
(One thing I *do* know is that I will demand closer monitoring in our next cycle....)
The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing the Space....
- Blurb This
- Certifiably Infertile
- Crazy? or Pregnant
- Dead Baby Jokes
- Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Egg Drop Soup
- Fertility Challenged in Florida
- Fortune Cookie Follies
- Henry Street
- Infertility and Hope
- Infertility Just Sucks
- Life from Here: Musings from the Edge
- Life In a Pitri Dish
- Looking for two lines
- Losing the Baby Wait
- Mission Impossible or Adventures in Infertility
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- My Prayers His Promises
- One Hardy Swimmer
- One Miracle Needed
- Our Journey to Parenthood
- Outlandish Notions
- Reproductive Jeans
- Searching for Hope
- Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters
- The Island
- The Making of Baby V
- The Mama Wannabe
- The Maybe Baby
- The Secret Garden
- The Sweet Life
- The Trials of Trace in Adoption La-La Land
- Un-Simple Procreation
- Wishing Bee
- Wizard of Ovulation

20 comments:
You may not have screwed the pooch on the first round of Clomid. The good ole' college try seems to work for some and maybe the good 'ol college try + clomid = success for you. I am wishing you lots of good vibes and I raise my glass to Serenity and the fact that Cl.omid F'n blowing.
that really sucks, i'm sorry. not that it's much consolation, but i guess at least you'll have a better idea of what to expect next cycle if this one doesn't work out.
Any chance using the CBE digitals might be an option next time (if it didn't work this time, of course)? I have much more faith in those than I ever did in the damn line comparison tests.
D
Fuck...
It seems the best response I can give you.
Or that we need to burn some boxes of Clear Blue Easy in effigy. That would be quite amusing and expensive, if nothing else.
Cheers to Serenity!
Shit, I'm sorry. I'll raise a virtual glass of wine to Serenity and to last night's swimmers.
The only reason I can think of for recommending you keep at it for 4-5 days is that they think you could release a second egg, which does happen.
I recommend generic OPKs from Rite Aid, Walgreens, Long's, etc., over Clearblue Easy ('cause it's hardly easy!). I also like my Clearblue Fertility Monitor.
I hope you did indeed catch that egg!
Well, shit.
Umm. Ok. The egg is good for about 24 hours, and you DID have s.ex last night, so if you ovulated yesterday... then you DO have a chance this cycle.
And I'm not sure about the next 4-5 days - I'd definitely do the deed tonight. After that... well I'm not sure.
The timing IS ok. And now you have DATA - you know that you ovulate on Clomid on CD 16.
And yes, make sure they monitor you. I had the very same thing happen to me on Clomid. Luckily for me I made sure that J and I did our death march sex every other day that entire week...
*HUG* I'm glad you caught it when you did. Yay for blogs.
Timing is fine. Sperm can live for up to 6 days inside the female. That's why you want to have intecourse before you ovulate.
However, the egg can survive anywhere from 6-36 hours.
The LH surge (detected by OPK) indicates you have anywhere from 24-28 hours before you ovulate.
You could have ovulated only a few hours before you guys had sex. Or well within the window that the eggs can survive.
Have you started studying your cervical mucus? I found that to be THE BEST indicator of when I was going to ovulate. Email me for details....
Wishing you luck this time!
Shit! That fucking sucks!! OPKs are the devil, I too have huge problems with them. I'm so sorry the timing was off!!
Your timing could totally be good! And since this is your first Clomid you don't have to worry about hostile mucus -- so you hopefully are in good shape!
I know how sucky this feels (as it happened to me too, and I suffered through an extra round of Clomid before IUI because of it). But like others said, you have a good chance and more info under your belt and power to push for more monitoring next cycle (if needed).
As for the OPKs, just don't use the generic at WalMart, I had major probs with reliablity.
Ugh! I'm so sorry.
As for getting it on again, it couldn't hurt. In case they can't pinpoint exactly when ovulation happened, it never hurts to throw in another for good measure.
Hang in there!
Every medic I've ever spoken to say the same thing, do it as much as you can bear!
Good luck :)
I am sorry honey. That sucks. I hope that the college try works anyway. Thinking of you.
How frustrating! That really sucks. I hope it wasn't too late. Man, why can't anything ever just be easy?!?
Fuck. OPK's suck.
Hi there, just found your blog.
I ovulate late on Clomid, even later on my own. Since my (disasterous) pregnany, I too have the problem of the OPK never actually turning positive, but some sort of ovulation happening anyway. Then a crappy LP. Nobody seems to know why, but the empirical solution has been HCG triggers and luteal support.
I am happy to report that with a trigger shot, I *certainly* got a good pos on an opk, and appear to have ovulated on schedule.
Wow. You are I are on the exact same page right now. Kinda sucks, don't it? You take the nasty drugs and they still expect you to rely on a crappy OPK.
Let me start by saying that I HATE CLOMID..... with that said I must add that I am as lost and frustrated as you are. Clomid messed me up and I am still chasing after the egg (CD 17). I got an "almost positive" OPK yesterday, but no cm and temp is still low. My last time on clomid I had to buy two packages of OPK, I actually O on CD 22 (the latest ever for me) I don’t know why I even bother with this drug. The only thing that I can do is trying to seduce DH every other night... I hope that you catch the egg and we are on for a great surprise! What cd are you on??? Are you temping? It helps to know when we O. Are you going to take progesterone also??
Good luck
Ooh I do hope that you caught the right time anyway. Fingers crossed.
I hate OPKs. I have always used the (equally annoying and nerve-wracking and quite possibly ineffective) thermometer to avoid them. I hope it works out anyway!
Post a Comment