As all of you know, I am an obsessive (oops...I mean) thorough researcher.
I have read all about the side effects of Clomid. Many of you were generous with your willingness to erase my ignorance on the subject.
I prepared myself for mood swings and dry eyes. Hot flashes and sore breasts. Muc.inex is sitting on my counter anxiously awaiting the first day that an OPK gives me two lines.
One would assume, under those conditions, that I was prepared for the side effect that warranted the use of mucus-thinning medications.
Before today (which is CD 7 and the last day of Clo.mid for this cycle), I was convinced that the drug was not effecting my mood. But I woke up this morning wanting to cry and it hasn't changed much. I am fine, a little depressed, but still far above that dark cloud that followed me until I started ADs. Really, it's no big deal.
As for sore breasts? Not an ache or a pain to be had. The only real sensations that I have ever had in that area was in November when I am confident that we were pregnant, even if only for a few days. That's actually how I knew that I wasn't imagining the fact that we had at least fertilized, and came to the conclusion that implantation failed, causing the BFN.
But the CM. Eeeew. It's not that it is a strange color or odor (I wouldn't leave the house if that was the case!) but just that there is more of it and it is, shall we say, thicker and stickier.
What's weird (ok, in addition to the ummm prevalent liquid expulsion) is that I occasionally experience aches in my va-va-jay*. They are pretty intense, though not enough to make me double over in pain or anything. But they are uncomfortable. And there is nothing that I can do about it. They seemed to have gone away for now, for which I am grateful. I have wracked my brain as to what else could have caused them but it's not what you may be thinking (though I doubt you are thinking that since you all know that I am not yet in that tiny little fertile window.) Though I did a few weight-training exercises at home yesterday, I didn't do any that involved my groin area. I didn't even do any lunges or squats.
What else is a girl to think? It's got to be Clo.mid.
I think I should point it out to my RE when we visit him after this cycle fails.
Oh, did I mention that my hope level is as low as 3% for this cycle? Even though we haven't even gotten close to ovulation. My instincts have told me that there's no need to get hopeful until our first IUI, assuming that the HSG reveals beautifully clear and healthy tubes.
I think I will announce the following - with pride and a BIG smile - "I think that the pharma company that makes Clo.mid should alert patients to the fact that they may experience disconcerting shooting pains through the va-va-jay as early as the third dose. And that there does not appear to be a direct correlation between those pains and the yucky sticky shit that continues to leak out."
What do you think?
* Ok, I am not sure that this is the correct term. Well, DUH, I know it is not the biologically-correct term, but I mean in reference to the term that the Oneliner and other IF blogger veterans have conjured up.
The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing the Space....
- Blurb This
- Certifiably Infertile
- Crazy? or Pregnant
- Dead Baby Jokes
- Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Egg Drop Soup
- Fertility Challenged in Florida
- Fortune Cookie Follies
- Henry Street
- Infertility and Hope
- Infertility Just Sucks
- Life from Here: Musings from the Edge
- Life In a Pitri Dish
- Looking for two lines
- Losing the Baby Wait
- Mission Impossible or Adventures in Infertility
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- My Prayers His Promises
- One Hardy Swimmer
- One Miracle Needed
- Our Journey to Parenthood
- Outlandish Notions
- Reproductive Jeans
- Searching for Hope
- Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters
- The Island
- The Making of Baby V
- The Mama Wannabe
- The Maybe Baby
- The Secret Garden
- The Sweet Life
- The Trials of Trace in Adoption La-La Land
- Un-Simple Procreation
- Wishing Bee
- Wizard of Ovulation

14 comments:
I think you mean va-jay-jay?
Sorry about the bizarre side effects. If I had noticed anything like that I would've reported it to you.
I'm starting to lose hope for myself too, because of the neverending delays. Hope is as mean as AF at times.
I hope you have a pleasant surprise at the end of the cycle.
The boobs thing? Happened AFTER I ovulated. Because it increased my progesterone (I didn't spot for 3 whole days longer on Clomid!) and therefore my pg-like symptoms.
Hope, well... let's just say that a lack of hope has never caused someone to NOT become pregnant.
I do hope you are surprised at the end though.
I too have experienced an aching hooha! It's a very strange sensation and I assumed that it was due to increased blood flow. But who knows. I didn't really have any symptoms at all with Clomid, though maybe the hooha pain came at the same time, I don't remember. The boobs definitely only hurt after ovulation (and then, it was the nipples specifically).
I had serious breast pain around ovulation, and absolutely no CM, so I am actually a little jealous of your sticky gunk! I had va-jay-jay pain too, but did not link it to C.lomid. Hmmmm....
i'm sorry to hear you are having shooting pains through your va-jay-jay....that can't be pleasant. after reading this i remembered that my first cycle on clomid found me crying in the back yard when a windstorm knocked over one of my giant dhalias...
like Serenity, my boobs didn't get sore until after i ovulated because the clom!phene sends my progesterone through the roof.
Yikes, sorry about the side effects, and about the low hope for this cycle. Sometimes it's easier to hope for others, so I'll hope that you have a pleasanyly surprising ending to this cycle.
hang in there!
Sounds unpleasant. This is so unpleasant and it kicks the shit out of us so that we can't hope anymore. It sucks. I'm sorry.
I had the sharp shooting pains in the vajayjay but didn't associate them to CLo.mid until this post brought it to my attention .. asn for sticky unpleasent CM...im still waiting to experience that !! I hope this cycle leaves you with a nice Bright BFP
I was too busy bawling my eyes out on clomid to notice anything with my va-jay-jay.
But I have had the stabbing pains on unmedicated cycles. My RE said it is probably related to my endo.
That would be a little disconcerning, yes. I had the boobs after I ovulated too. Sorry it's affecting your mood and nether regions... here's to hoping it's all for a very good cause this month.
liek reality, my clomid problems were more the emotional maelstroms than anything phsycal. everything else for me was more progesterone related (the boob pains). good luck!!
What CD are you on? Those 'down there' cramps happen in early pregnancy!!!
Clomid made me totally depressed... blech. Good luck this cycle!
I didn't get the cramps, but ask a nurse about it, I just hadn't heard much on that side effect. But I did cry more than usual - but only if I would have been upset. I wouldn't say I was moodier in a volatile way, but more a intensifying way. I also had the...um, extreme spunk. When you said funky, it reminded me of the "Funky Spunk" Sex and the City. Just lots of it.
I also didn't have sore boobs on it either, I get that from progesterone and the trigger shot.
Uggg - I had major emotional malfunctions on clomid and wicked hot flashes (like serious am I in menopause hot flashes??) but no pain in the va jay jay...I hope it's all worth it, and if this cycle works it will be :-)
GOOD LUCK!!!
Post a Comment