My plan is to ask Mr. LIW to take a picture of me that captures my hair and eyes so that you can give me some feedback. I am starting to get used to the look but I am on the fence as to whether or not I should go lighter in 5 weeks when I go for an update.
Ok, the sore breasts comment has nothing to do with the picture of me and my new dye-job (obviously.) My assumption is that these symptoms I am having are due to the Lupr.on injections. What day am I on? Hmm... I have done 5 shots so today is day 6. Don't even ask what CD this is because I have lost count and honestly, I have stopped paying attention. What's the point anyway? The only thing that matters to me now is the ivf protocol.
But, as the Wizard of Ovulation asked in her comment to my last post, I am really experiencing PMS-like symptoms. More so than normal. I even think that my breasts feel and look bigger. If I didn't know better, I would think that maybe I was pregnant. HAHA - if I didn't know that I have taken BCPS since 12/1. It's all so funny, really.
Not so much.
It kind of sucks but I don't mind. The shots were going incredibly well and then Friday night's shot in my belly (which is the area that I had been using) hurt. Alot. It was weird.
So Saturday night, I tried my leg. I am certain that I am following the instructions correctly. So why did I get a little bump that felt hot - like a mosquito bite - right afterwards? It was itchy, too. But it went down after a few hours.
Last night I went back to the belly. I am *almost* grateful that I am not as thin as I once was because I wouldn't have the cushion that I now carry around (these are the crazy things I tell myself.) Anyway, the shot didn't hurt as much but I ended up with a tiny purple bruise right afterwards. And it is still there.
Am I doing something wrong here? I do bruise easily AND I have a very low pain tolerance. Can I just chalk my weird reactions up to that?
What's weird is that I yawn more. A lot more. Just like I did when I started my ADs in 2001. No matter how much sleep I get or how tired I do - or do not - feel, I yawn all of the time. I read that Lup.ron can cause mood changes so maybe it is making me sleepier instead.
My spirits are fine, luckily. I feel relatively mellow. Well, mellow for a high-strung person like myself.
The mental rollercoaster continues, though. I go through moments when I am convinced ivf #1 will work and then moments when I know that it won't. I try to calm myself each time with the belief that ivf has to work eventually. As long as my insurance doesn't change its policy in order to limit the number of cycles it covers, and Dr. Gentle continues to authorize the procedure, then Mr. LIW and I can keep trying. TTCIVF, I will call it. We will keep trying to conceive via ivf. Of course, we might go crazy from the entire process, which would force us to change course, but I remain hopeful that we can find success within 4 cycles - and maintain our sanity throughout.
I am working what might be a full day today simply for the paycheck. Things are a bit slow for me right now so I am bored. But bored is ok, I guess, as long as that paycheck reflects my presence. The person in charge today, who is very sweet but incredibly swamped with work, tells me that she will dismiss us before 4pm. But I am not convinced. I keep offering to help because 1) I like her alot and 2) I want her to dismiss us early. But she's only sporadically taking me up on the offer.
My parents will arrive at my house tonight around 5pm for appetizers, beef roast, and dessert. I have to make an eggplant appetizer when I get home and my Dad will bring fresh calamari for me to coat and fry. We started the calamari tradition a few years ago and it is a big hit. It comes out awesome, though each and every year I struggle to remember what I added to the cornmeal last year to give the coating enough flavor (so it's only really awesome by the end because I add spices to the coating as I go along.) I never fry the entire container, so I make the rest on Christmas day for my sister and her family (and my parents, who sleep over tonight.) I also will be roasting a lamb leg and my sister is bringing her signature stuffed shells. We used to have turkey on Christmas day but my sister decided about ten years ago that Christmas was too close to Thanksgiving to have turkey again (are you getting the point that my sister yields LOTS of control in my family? If you guessed that she is older than me, you are right!). She wanted to insert an Italian tradition (from my Dad's side) into our day so she added her stuffed shells. My parents still wanted a roast of some sort, so we added lamb. Last year, Mr. LIW and I diverted from the (newer) tradition and made a seafood casserole with lobster, shrimp, etc. But in the interest of money, I suggested we return to the lamb roast.
Mr. LIW is an expert on red meat - both in terms of selection and cooking. Seriously, only 4 and 5-star restaurants do better. Each year, he very carefully selects a roast (this year he bought two smaller ones from two different stores so that we could do a "taste test") and then cooks it with care. He also makes mashed potatoes with cream and butter. I usually make an additional (and healthier!) side. By the time dessert rolls around (8pm or so) we struggle to find room for Mr. LIW's homemade creme brulee. There are SO many things that I LOVE about Mr. LIW and his love for and talent with cooking are big ones.
I am also a good cook, as is my sister. The three of us joke that we should quit our day jobs and open a restaurant. None of us likes financial instability, though, so we probably will never do it. But it is fun to dream. And it does make the holidays particularly special. When I ate at Mr. LIW's cousin's on Christmas night for the first time I almost spit out the food. It was horrible. The turkey was horribly horribly dry and all of the sides were out of packages. I remember telling my sister after that night (and this was early in my relationship with Mr. LIW) that "thank goodness our kids will eat our food for lunch so they won't have any room for his family's cuisine." I know this all sounds snobby. It's not a question of money because we are all middle class. My mother rarely cooked when I was a kid - in fact, we grew up eating frozen dinners - so I consider feeding people with delicious meals one way to show love and respect for them and for our bodies. I have worked hard to teach myself how to cook and I take pride in my accomplishments.
So, as I wish all of you lovely bloggers a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it, that is), I also wish you wonderful food, company, and conversation. I wish I could send each and every one of you some fried calamri and creme brulee!
XOXO
The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing the Space....
- Blurb This
- Certifiably Infertile
- Crazy? or Pregnant
- Dead Baby Jokes
- Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Egg Drop Soup
- Fertility Challenged in Florida
- Fortune Cookie Follies
- Henry Street
- Infertility and Hope
- Infertility Just Sucks
- Life from Here: Musings from the Edge
- Life In a Pitri Dish
- Looking for two lines
- Losing the Baby Wait
- Mission Impossible or Adventures in Infertility
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- My Prayers His Promises
- One Hardy Swimmer
- One Miracle Needed
- Our Journey to Parenthood
- Outlandish Notions
- Reproductive Jeans
- Searching for Hope
- Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters
- The Island
- The Making of Baby V
- The Mama Wannabe
- The Maybe Baby
- The Secret Garden
- The Sweet Life
- The Trials of Trace in Adoption La-La Land
- Un-Simple Procreation
- Wishing Bee
- Wizard of Ovulation

13 comments:
Hum, i bruise really easily - and i have bruises up and down my belly from the lovenox shot but never have i had the puffy skin .. you may want to just for kicks and grins call the dr's office and see what the nurses say - I would tend to beleive it's nothing more than a topical reaction - as for extra padding - woo hoo for that! All that food talk as my mouth watering - have a merry christmas and a great visit with family!
Happy Holidays, LIW!
What time is dinner and how do I get there?
I hope you have a great holiday.
How sweet for you to begin your own family traditions. I love that you guys have embraced Italian for Christmas instead of the typical "Christmas dinner." I'm open to any changes in our family--unfortunately our family has had stew (and BBQ for those wh dont like stew for +30 years now.
Mmmmm....that all sounds fantastic! I'll be over around 6;)
We both love to cook too...I just can't wait until we have a kitchen big enough to do all that cooking in
Merry christmas...and good luck with the lupron (ha, I type lu-porn twice) :-)
hi!
I am sooo behind in reading that I didn't even know you were starting an IVF cycle -- congrats! It's such a big step and although the shots, mood swings, stress of it all, etc. is hard to handle, it's also so exciting.
I am wishing you the very best for this cycle, I hope you have great news to share with us in the New Year!
xoxo, Watson
Merry Christmas!! Wish I was there eating your food instead of home alone reheating left over pizza.
Your dinner sounds wonderful. Merry Christmas!
I get little mosquito bites from some of the drugs too - I think it's normal. Or we're both weird in the same way!
Merry Christmas!!
Everything you described about the Lupron injections is exactly what I experienced. The little mosquito/bee like welt, the little bruise - I had all of that. For some reason it seemed to get better later in the cycle. Not sure if my body just got used to it or I got better at it.
I also am all about cooking delicious meals from scratch. It just feels wrong to me to do it any other way (packages).
Hope you had a great Christmas.
Happy Holidays my dear.
Post a Comment