to myself. I have told myself repeatedly over the last two weeks that AF would be easy to handle this month. That I might actually be grateful that I am not pregnant given the impending trip. Who wants to experience morning sickness while exploring Mayan ruins or snorkeling in the clear blue ocean?
As it turns out, I do.
There's a great chance that I will still be nice and queasy from those damn antibiotics. If I am lucky, I might be able to carry this intense headache (from the antibiotics? hormones?) with me as well. As for morning sickness - it won't be a part of my experience.
I am angrier than I want to be and am struggling to comfort myself with the knowledge that Mr. LIW and I will see an RE soon after our return (on April 28th). At that meeting we will get some answers and develop a plan so that progress can be made. It's not exactly working too well on my headspace today.
My sister and her family STILL do not have their passports (yes, we leave THIS Sunday) even though they applied in mid-January. It looks like they will receive them before noon tomorrow, but this whole process (which included me cashing in some favors with the staff of elected officials and making numerous phone calls) has put a damper on the trip.
Did I mention that I turn 35 next Saturday? Did I also mention that I thought I would be a mom by 35? If you guessed that this disappointment is also dampening my spirits, you would be right.
But Mr. Angry is starting to retreat (thanks for all of your support!) and the sun is expected to be out at least part of the time we are in Mexico. I will try not to focus on all of the Massachusetts families spending their children's school vacations in Mexico. As long as my family makes it, my 9 year-old niece will help me to fill much of that emptiness with her fascination with history (something that she and I share.) Maybe a plane ride full of screaming little ones will actually make me feel grateful for not having one of my own.
I can dream, right?!
I can honestly say, though, that I will miss all of you and wonder how you are doing. I am even planning to try to check on you if an internet connection presents itself. But if you don't hear from me until I get back, please know that I am wishing you the peace that we continue to seek!
The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing the Space....
- Blurb This
- Certifiably Infertile
- Crazy? or Pregnant
- Dead Baby Jokes
- Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Egg Drop Soup
- Fertility Challenged in Florida
- Fortune Cookie Follies
- Henry Street
- Infertility and Hope
- Infertility Just Sucks
- Life from Here: Musings from the Edge
- Life In a Pitri Dish
- Looking for two lines
- Losing the Baby Wait
- Mission Impossible or Adventures in Infertility
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- My Prayers His Promises
- One Hardy Swimmer
- One Miracle Needed
- Our Journey to Parenthood
- Outlandish Notions
- Reproductive Jeans
- Searching for Hope
- Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters
- The Island
- The Making of Baby V
- The Mama Wannabe
- The Maybe Baby
- The Secret Garden
- The Sweet Life
- The Trials of Trace in Adoption La-La Land
- Un-Simple Procreation
- Wishing Bee
- Wizard of Ovulation

16 comments:
No matter how much we prepare ourselves, tell ourselves that it doesn't matter, it won't hurt, it's okay. It's not okay. It does matter and it does hurt. I'm sorry that you won't be sick (the good kind of sick) on your vacation.
But I do hope that you have a kick-ass time. Happy birthday.
I am so sorry AF arrived...it is hard no matter what we think. I hope your vacation is a wonderful one and you feel better very soon.
AF arriving is always hard, no matter how much we try to prepare ourselves for it.
But I do hope you're feeling better soon and have a fabulous trip, and a great b-day too!
Take care
:-)
AF is a mean, sneaky witch who plays with your head no matter what. I'm sorry she got you.
Have a wonderful trip.
I hope you have a good holiday. It sounds wonderful.
I've been away and have just caught up with the last week and can I say I hate the alphabet soup too.
Caro
No matter how prepared you think you are, it always stings.
I hope you have a fabulous trip and a great birthday.
AF sucks.
Sucks.
SUCKS!
Happy early birthday and happy vacationing.
D
(hugs) AF is always hard to deal with, no matter how hard we "prepare" ourselves.
Have fun on your vacation!
Sorry about AF. She visits those who don't want her and avoids those that do want her. Grrr. I hope that you have a fabulously relaxing vacation.
Sorry you got AF, itts always shit, no matter the circumstances. Have a wonderful holiday and come back strong and refreshed ready for the next step x
Have a great birthday (welcome to the 35 club!) and a relaxing break. x
It hurts every time, no matter how much you come to expect it. hugs, hun.
Have a happy birthday with your family and a great vacation!
AF......... nothing nice to say about that!! Now your vacation however, I hope you party til Mexico has to send you home !!! Have a great time and happy early birthday
I'm so sorry--AF has a way of screwing with your emotions even when you're dead-set against crying.
You're on the trip now so I hope you're having a wonderful time. Happy birthday!
Wanted to apologize--I just saw the comment you left for the emoblopedia. For some reason, it wasn't sent into my gmail account. I'd love you to contribute and I just added you to my blogroll. I hope you have a good first visit with the RE when you get back.
Stupid AF. I hope your vacation is fun despite her stowing away with you!
I'm new to your blog, but have gotten a few laughs reading it. (Only when you were trying to be funny, I promise!)
Feliz cumpleanos!
sorry you started. that's lame. its always is. yeah, i tell mysle fhat white lie all the time. it never works. but it does bye you some time off of fretting.
have a great trip!
Post a Comment