I am so incredibly angry today. Fuming, actually. I think there is steam coming out of my ears and nostrils. Not a pretty sight - it might explain why people around me are staring. (Just kidding.... well, sort of.)
I have decided that I prefer trying to figure out when I ovulate to reading every. single. little. twinge. cramp. ache. stirring. as a possible sign of pregnancy. I have decided that I absolutely HATE. ABHOR. the two week wait. It's just not my scene. If it was a nightclub, I would leave never to return. If it was a movie, I would walk out and demand a refund.
I don't want to think for one moment - not even half of one moment - that I may be pregnant. That maybe our concerted efforts last week worked. Sure, a few of those efforts were pleasurable for both of us (note to self: enjoy it while you can because soon it will become mechanical, like the other bloggers have described) and we covered the entire week (those little guys were in there whether they liked it or not, injected every 48 hours) so we couldn't have missed the dramatic drop of the little egg. But I certainly have learned - from my own experience, the wise IF bloggers, and Dr. Google - that there are no guarantees.
It is not that I am anxious to pee on one of those damn, over-priced, and beacons-of-false-hope sticks. In fact, I just want the two weeks to be over so that I can get back to dreaming that maybe *next* month will be the lucky one. After the first few days when I know for sure that I am not pregnant, I am able to drum up a spark of hope in my pessimistic brain. But the two week wait is starting to wear on me. I am truly in awe of the wise and courageous bloggers who maintain their sanity through a series of disappointments over a year or more. I just can't do it.
Maybe it is *hope* that I want to punch in the face.
In case you have always wanted to see the inside of a strange and overactive (and not necessarily in a good way) mind, I thought I would give you a sneak peak. There are usually two strains of thought, so here goes:
THE OPTIMIST: ooh I felt a twinge, did I really feel it, ooh I think I did, I know I did. Have I ever felt that before - before I was trying to get pregnant, that is? Hmm...don't think so. Could it be?
THE PESSIMIST (REALIST): NO. STOP. JUST. STOP. You have probably felt this 100 times before. Certainly another month that you were not pregnant.
THE OPTIMIST: But my breasts feel more sensitive, I just know it. Heavier, different, somehow.
THE PESSIMIST: YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT. SHUT UP! Another month of disappointment. Get a life and MOVE ON!
I hate them both. The optimist and the pessimist. They both suck and I wish they would go find someone else to pester.
(But not the blogger friends that I have come to need in a pathetic hold-my-hand-while-I-hang-precariously-off-the-edge-of-a-cliff-way.....)
The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing the Space....
- Blurb This
- Certifiably Infertile
- Crazy? or Pregnant
- Dead Baby Jokes
- Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Egg Drop Soup
- Fertility Challenged in Florida
- Fortune Cookie Follies
- Henry Street
- Infertility and Hope
- Infertility Just Sucks
- Life from Here: Musings from the Edge
- Life In a Pitri Dish
- Looking for two lines
- Losing the Baby Wait
- Mission Impossible or Adventures in Infertility
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- My Prayers His Promises
- One Hardy Swimmer
- One Miracle Needed
- Our Journey to Parenthood
- Outlandish Notions
- Reproductive Jeans
- Searching for Hope
- Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters
- The Island
- The Making of Baby V
- The Mama Wannabe
- The Maybe Baby
- The Secret Garden
- The Sweet Life
- The Trials of Trace in Adoption La-La Land
- Un-Simple Procreation
- Wishing Bee
- Wizard of Ovulation

8 comments:
Ack! It all sounds so familiar! Please stop me from peeing on a stick!
Ditto on everything you said. I hate it all right now.
Oooh, give it a big punch in the face for me too!!
Thanks for stopping by to say "hi". I really wanted to know when I was ovulating so I bought a digital tester at the drugstore. It wasn't invasive at all and told me when to pee on the stick. YUP, the whole situation stinks! We actually have male infertility...dh is not making any guys...so I stopped using it.
Curse you Blogger!
I just wrote a very coherent and well thought-out comment and DRATS! It's gone.
The gist of it was: thank you for your sweet & supportive commments (want to be my bestest friend??) and that I'm sorry the 2ww is so awful.
And I wished you much, MUCH luck and some other really profound crap but like I said, damn you Blogger!
I told my husband that the 2WW is like a big ugly zit that shows up at hte most inopportune time - Your nerves heat up, you feel the extra pressures, It's there starting, you feel it coming to a head and you try desparately to cover it, not look in a mirror, anything to keep your mind off of it, BUT EVERYTIME someone looks at you, you feel self conscious and remind yourself it hasn't gone away - then it bursts but its tender around the edges - and you conclude that the cycle repeats itself "next month" - and you are left with a little scaring - that is not fully present to others but you know its there
2WW sucks! I'm blessed though that it's only 11 days instead of the cookie cutter 14. I go crazy with the pessimist and the optimist and Dr Google wondering if the shorter end of 2WW is holding us back.
The 2ww is very very sucky. Hate it all you want.
Post a Comment