Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BBISP Scheduled for Saturday, June 16th

As I mentioned in one of my posts from last week, Serenity, Mary Ellen, and I decided to plan a sleepover party for IF bloggers in the Boston area. The Saturday that works best for the three of us at this point is June 16th. My house has been chosen as the location as it is accessible by public transportation (subway and then a bus or $10 cab ride) and is easy to drive to via Interstate 95/128. For a neighborhood of Boston, our street has decent parking availability. But, typical of a city street, there are also a number of cars that park on our street. I can guarantee you free parking (though I can't guarantee that it will be in front of my house.)

We have two extra bedrooms with double beds and a study that can accommodate an air mattress. Alternatively, our living room is large enough for at least a few people in sleeping bags or a couple of air mattresses. Though the couch does not open into a bed, it is very comfortable and provides another sleeping option.

Since I am an allergy sufferer, I want to make sure that people know that we have a dog (an Aussie Shepherd) and a cat (a domestic short-hair). The Aussie is just over a year old and is still convinced that everyone who crosses his path exists to entertain him. My guess is that Mr. LIW will make himself scarce and take the pup with him for the night. But be prepared to be lovingly greeted by my cat, who, I am convinced, is a dog reincarnated. He is the friendliest cat I have ever met and might try to sneak a cuddle or two if you are accessible. Unfortunately, though we clean our home regularly, a couple of friends with severe allergies to cats have become all teary-eyed after a few hours in our home, even with the help of antihistamines. So, please keep that in mind if you have serious allergies to cats and/or dogs.

Specific plans are still to be worked out, but Serenity has already suggested that a bucket of margaritas should be on tap. As for dinner options, there are a couple of great (though small) restaurants a 10/15-minute walk (or 5 minute drive) from my house. One is Japanese, another is North-End style Italian, another is Thai. I can highly recommend all three. There's also a couple of pub-type places with decent, though not great, food. We could eat at one of those restaurants or order in. Or, we could each be in charge of a dish and ask each person to bring whatever alcohol they are interested in consuming for the evening.

If you are interested, please email me at lifeinpurgatory@hotmail.com with the following information:

1. Does sat, June 16th work for you?

2. What time should the party start?

3. What are you interested in in terms of food?

4. Would you be driving or taking public transportation?

5. Any suggestions for food and/or fun (i.e., movies we should watch/games that we should play/etc.)

6. Any questions about my location/house/etc?

Can't wait!

12 comments:

MsPrufrock said...

You lucky cows! I am never even remotely in the vicinity of any gathering of IF bloggers. Boo hiss.u

MsPrufrock said...

Oops, ignore that "u". Don't know where that came from.

ultimatejourney said...

I'd love to join in, but my in-laws will be in town that weekend and I doubt I'll be able to get away :( Have fun!

Natalie said...

I'm really going to have to talk to my hubby about me driving into Boston. It sounds like a great opportunity to have fun. Though I know hubby doesn't exactly like me to drive all over heck, especially right now with the gas prices. :/ Anyone else driving from Western MA?

Tara said...

How long do you think it would take me to drive from the West Coast of Canada to get to Boston???


Sounds like fun - wish I could come.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was closer to Boston.

Caro said...

Sounds really fun but I think getting there from Denmark might be a problem. :(.

TeamWinks said...

Crap, wish I could go! Hell of a drive from Alabama though.

Delenn said...

I can't make it--we are vacationing on Cape that week...if it gets changed to another date, let me know.

AwkwardMoments said...

wish i lived closer - Fl is far away

Erin said...

Man! I used to live in Somerville and Cambridge and if I was still there, I'd be all over that slumber party! That sounds like a blast! Have fun.

Erin

lisalou said...

SOunds like fun! Too bad I live in Canada. Have some good times and tell some funny childhood stories for me!