Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Friday, March 16, 2007

If you don't have a sister who runs a medical lab, I suggest you get one!

I know that most of you (and I bet that MOST is a big number these days!) were not expecting another update today. But, here I am because I have news that I will have news tonight. As you might have surmised by the title of this post, my sister - a certified Medical Technologist - runs a medical lab in which HCG blood tests are carried out routinely. Given the bizarre Nor'easter that is currently hitting the East Coast, my firm has (amazingly and unexpectedly) agreed to let us leave early if our responsibilities are in order. Since I have basically ZERO responsibilities here these days (remember that there is really no role for me here and that I am in purgatory working but not really working while waiting for a new job to come through), I will be leaving early. I was planning to visit my sister tonight, who lives an hour north of the city, for a party anyway. Now I find myself in the situation in which I will be in her lab before she closes it for the weekend. It didn't even occur to me until she mentioned it: "Well, of course, let's do a bloot test to see if you are pregnant - we will do the most sentitive one that will detect levels that are too low for the HPT to detect." My sister has always been remarkably smarter than she has ever given herself credit for (thanks to dysfunctional parenting dynamics which determined me to be the smart one though we scored relatively closely on IQ tests) - and I thought, sure, why don't we? No need to keep holding my breath every time nature calls or fighting thoughts about a baby for Christmas and worries about failed implantation (like in November) and early fears of miscarriage.

So I know that I will know - and soon. Tonight. But that's all I know.

4 comments:

Caro said...

cool. It'll be good to know. Now how do I persuade my sisters to take up convenient jobs.

DMB said...

Wow, I'll be checking back in later and hoping for the best!! Commence finger-crossing!! (Hey, it's no more or less effective than praying, right?)

Hoping to catch up on the rest of your blog a little later today, though I've scanned for the basics so far. :) Welcome to the blogging world! I can't tell you how good it's been for me to write about all this stuff!! I'm sure you'll find the same to be true for yourself!

D
andbabybmakesthree.blogspot.com

lisalou said...

Good luck with the testing!

AwkwardMoments said...

Ohhhhh ..i reallyhope you receive good news !!