Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mind F*ck #5,754,821,342

AF is quasi-late. The reason I say "quasi" is because she tends to vary her arrival date (clever little vixen that she is!) Without fertility meds, she usually shows up on CD 26 - CD28, meaning that my cycles vary from 25-27 days.

Today is CD28. Where is she, you might ask? Fuck if I know.

Normally I wouldn't care but she needs to have arrived and mostly disappeared by Friday at 11:30 am so we can check out that little polyp that has made a home where only a fetus should live.

Having to cancel the procedure until next cycle would not devastate me but it would seriously piss me off.

Of course, any and all weird symptoms make me think "maybe, just maybe..." but I dropped my ball and left that game months ago. I have accepted that we need science to create our child and I am honestly ok with that. Even with the thought of the shots. I have survived much worse and I can survive - maybe even smile through - it. And I am mentally preparing myself for it. It helps that every time I think of it, I am reminded of the 3 dreams I have had with boy/girl brownish/blond haired twins over the past year or so.

Either I have gone crazy and learned how to truly be optimistic, or my instincts that IVF #1 or 2 will work for us are...well....accurate instincts. I believe that a baby - or babies - will come out of our scientific efforts.

So I wish AF would stop with her games and just get here! I told myself I could test on Thursday if she doesn't arrive by then - right before I have to start taking the antibiotics for the polyp checkup. If it wasn't for the antibiotics, I would wait it out.

Let's hope I wake up to her lovely presence tomorrow morning.....

9 comments:

hope548 said...

AF is such a bitch! When you don't want her, she's right on time, when you do want her, she's nowhere to be found! I hope things work out one way or the other!

AwkwardMoments said...

I HATE AF.... she is just a royal BITCH. I am sorry she is torturing you ...little whore

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

why do our bodies refuse to cooperate.
let's go on strike! (um, i have no idea what that would entail. refusing to shower??)

i hope the witch shows soon. (well, of course, i am really hoping that she is gone for a good nine months ; )

niobe said...

It's great to hear you sounding so cheerful. Despite, y'know, your body's seemingly endless ability to do whatever it can to play with your mind.

megan said...

damn AF. she loves the trickery -- perhaps she is overly caught up in the halloween spirit? i'm torn between saying that i hope she shows up soon and that hope she is simply locked out for the next nine months. what i ultimately want though is the best for you, miss LIW.

JJ said...

Damn her...I dont need her (end of my 2ww) so Ill send her to you=)

Tara said...

Awww, man! Why the hell does it always have to be something! Why can't it just go the way it's supposed to? Just once, it would be nice huh?

Stupid bitch, AF!

Mary Ellen said...

AF is such a pain. I hope that she stops torturing you soon.

DMB (andbabybmakesthree.wordpress.com) said...

Any updates?

D