Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm Not Lost.....

I am still here in purgatory.

My consulting gig people are playing games with me. Every time I leave, they ask me to come back though they refuse to give me a three-month commitment. They agreed to two months at fewer hours but...I don't know...part of me wants them to see how much they need me for a while. The *big* client has not reduced its activities as much as anticipated AND I am the only person that is fully up-to-speed on the client's objectives and current activities. They need me, they know that, but I don't think they know how much they need me. And I want them to figure that out so I am not constantly feeling so vulnerable there.

My temp job is going to be incredibly boring, but a great place for me to write cover letters, job search, etc. But I will make exactly the same here as for the consulting gig, though the consulting gig will be 3 days per week as opposed to 5.

I am really torn. I really need to focus my energy on finding a new - and great -job and it will be harder to do that if I choose the consulting gig over the temp job. I am leaning towards the temp position but afraid I may die of boredom.

In the meantime, AF is playing her typical games. I need her to arrive by tomorrow so that I can undergo the procedure to check for the polyp. She simply never cooperates.

Despite how this post may sound, I remain in good spirits. I am feeling very hopeful about ivf in late December/January. The recent successes in the blog world have given me a new level of confidence, not to mention Dr. Gentle's optimism.

The job situation dampens my spirits sometimes but I am working hard to stay positive that one of these jobs that I apply for will work out. And, if it doesn't, well, I can temp for a while and keep searching.

I will check in on all of you in the next couple of days - something for which I will finally have the energy.

I haven't forgotten all of you or stopped sending you x's and o's.

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i really do hope that you get the best job for you. good luck with af arriving promptly ..sending af arrival smoke signals for you ( but I only am doing so, for your polyp cause)

JJ said...

Good to hear from you==and I keep hoping and praying for you all that all is on track for ivf in dec/jan!