Thanks, thanks, thanks for all of your supportive comments. They really have been helpful!!
I have cut back on my most fattening snacks and have really tried to be a little more careful about confusing thirst with hunger. I don't think I have ever been more thirsty in my entire life! I am still drinking juice and the occasional juice drink but I have cut back. One a day is my max. Overall, I am feeling better though I have noticed that I get out of breath very easily now. I have to remind myself that it is not because I am horribly out of shape - only that my lungs are becoming increasingly squished! Overall, I feel ok about my body.
When all else fails, I put things into perspective. LL is the most important being in my life right now. Which causes me concern because I find myself worrying that maybe he is not moving enough, maybe he is slowing dying and I don't know it, etc. etc. But I read that fetuses don't develop consistent patterns until 26 weeks so that helps. And I DO feel him move off and on throughout the day. He seems to twist and roll more than kick but I prefer the kicks because they are nice and strong. Those reassure me the most.
Speaking of kicks, work is kicking my ass. I really like what I do and at every turn I thank the universe for ending up in a great company. I am intellectually stimulated and challenged each and every day. But, alas, one of the VP's has turned out to be similar to the type of people I have worked for in the past. She presents herself as a hands-off manager, someone who wants me to take charge of the team. I follow her direction, instructing the team on what to do, and then she completely changes her mind - having forgotten her initial direction. Making me appear to the team that I don't know what I am doing and can't be trusted. At first I assumed this happened because of my limited experience but I swallowed my pride and opened up to my peer ambassador. And she told me that everyone at my level working with her is experiencing the same. We are all frustrated. And the information is making its way to the other VPs. Her management style does not fit with the culture here. I can't tell you how reassured I was, though I am still stuck with the task of trying to read her mind. There's a life lesson here because I keep ending up in this dynamic.
I also learned that one of the accounts I am covering for a colleague about to go on maternity leave should be my first priority. The VP on that account is incredibly influential around here. Of course, it is the toughest account - the number of moving parts and the need to keep junior staff on course is exhausting - but at least I know where to focus my energies. And he told me yesterday that I was doing a great job after the client (who also happens to be quite demanding) pointed out a mistake the team had made. My colleague is still involved and came up with the perfect way to handle it but I played a role in putting out the fire as well. The best part about this situation is that the VP is an incredibly nice person and a great manager. It is very comforting to see that someone like that can move up the ladder. That reaffirms my belief that this is a company worth hanging around for a few years, if not longer.
As for the wounds of IF, I do feel a bit healed in that regard. Maybe a little more than I expected. But don't misunderstand - I just learned that a former coworker is having another baby. They got pregnant on their first try for their daughter - my coworker is 38 and his wife is 31. And now they are pregnant again, I assume this happened easily as well. Why can that still exert such an impact on my soul? This manifestation of IF will never go away, of that I am certain.
But my spirits are a bit lower today. It didn't help that Mr. LIW is out of town and my poor sick cat shit all over the bathroom floor. Mr. LIW won't be back until Sunday evening so what could I do? I had to clean it up. I realized afterwards that I should have held my breath. I washed my hands twice afterwards and then used antibacterial gel. I hope I don't get sick from this....
Ok, off to tackle a number of projects with a tired, blurry mind....
The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing the Space....
- Blurb This
- Certifiably Infertile
- Crazy? or Pregnant
- Dead Baby Jokes
- Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Egg Drop Soup
- Fertility Challenged in Florida
- Fortune Cookie Follies
- Henry Street
- Infertility and Hope
- Infertility Just Sucks
- Life from Here: Musings from the Edge
- Life In a Pitri Dish
- Looking for two lines
- Losing the Baby Wait
- Mission Impossible or Adventures in Infertility
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- My Prayers His Promises
- One Hardy Swimmer
- One Miracle Needed
- Our Journey to Parenthood
- Outlandish Notions
- Reproductive Jeans
- Searching for Hope
- Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters
- The Island
- The Making of Baby V
- The Mama Wannabe
- The Maybe Baby
- The Secret Garden
- The Sweet Life
- The Trials of Trace in Adoption La-La Land
- Un-Simple Procreation
- Wishing Bee
- Wizard of Ovulation

6 comments:
Don't worry too much about the cat poop - as long as your cat is an indoor cat. In the future, try to wear gloves when cleaning cat poop.
Also, your weight gain is completely normal and totally perfect! I'm 24wks and up 18 pounds from my pre-ivf. My DR said I'm doing okay and that I'm on track. You gained even less than me so far and are a few days ahead of me in pregnancy. You're doing great - enjoy this time!
I can relate about the friend getting pregnant on 1st try. My good friend is 8 wks prego with #2 - she went off the pill and got prego first try! It's hard sometimes to hear stories like that, even now that I'm prego myself!
It is usually the ones that get pregnant easily that bother me. On one hand, I wouldn't wish infertility on my worst enemy (OK, maybe I would) but does it really have to be so easy for so many people and then there's little old me that's never gotten pregnant without a doctor in 14 years of unprotected sex and out of those three only one has resulted in a baby to bring home? I'm not bitter, right???
I am glad for an update.
I think hearing "the announcement" for us is never an easy listen.
AS for cat poop - ah shit happens ;)
I do hope you get settled in your new job and tackle it with all you need to impress.
after i read the first sentence of your comment on my blog-i knew it was you. it was funny.
weight issues and prengancy are so hard. of course we're happy but it really brings some eating issues to the surface. well, it's not eating issues-it's weight=self worth issues, eh?
i am so happy ot hear that your inmtellect is actaully ebing used at work. go figure!
If you're cat's an indoor cat, cat poop is not a problem at all. Toxoplasmosis is spread from cat feces of cats who eat raw meat - like mice, bird, etc., so if you're kitty only eats cat chow, it's not a problem. Believe me, my husband doesn't do a think for me with the litter, and I don't worry about it!
New jobs are always tough with those little surprises. Hopefully you won't have to work with this VP all of the time.
Good luck with the eating adjustments and things at work.
Arg! Cat poop! I am terrified of my cat at the moment, even though she is an indoor cat. It is hard not to worry.
Post a Comment