Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Progress!






Thanks to all of you for your wonderful support and suggestions. Once again, this community has helped save my sanity. :-)

The suggestions from that book are definitely working. Plus, I assume that the growth spurt is finally over. Tuesday night he only woke up twice - I fed him quickly and he went right back to sleep. Last night he only woke up once - a RECORD in this house!! ANd he has been going down relatively easy for his nap and at night. HE was so happy yesterday that he smiled most of the day - the good sleep is paying off for him, too. I have literally forced him to spend every waking moment with his snuggly bear blanket and I have actually seen him use it to calm himself. I have been breathing sighs of relief for over a day now. I am starting to feel a bit more human again. Tuesday was the type of day I knew I would have as a mother but hoped that I wouldn't. I did alot of screaming in the hallway outside of C's bedroom. I am not proud of it but it was better than throwing myself out the window, which I considered for a fleeting moment.

I attached a few pics from late December/early January so you can see how cute my little man is. It's nice to see his smile again and have the energy to smile back at him!!

9 comments:

Mazzy said...

Good gravy, he's GORGEOUS! Those photos are amazing, too. Someone is certainly good with a camera. ;-)
Glad things are going better!!
*hugs*

E. Phantzi said...

so glad it's working!!

Tara said...

Yay for progress!!! So glad to hear that things are improving.

And he is a such a cute little man!

Delenn said...

Wonderful pictures! I am glad things are getting better.

Oh...and screaming--I have done my fair share. During maternity leave this last time--I excused myself (I had my son and my newborn that day) so I could go outside to "look at the weather". I screamed and screamed. And then looked at the squirrels climbing trees---ahh, nature calmed. Hulk.Mom.

Getting outside with him during the day will help a bit...make you feel less isolated.

Meghan said...

There must have been something in the air last night. It was the best night ever here too.

So glad things are getting better. And I LOVE his green monster hat ;)

MrsSpock said...

He is so content in his bath!

George said...

Great shots! Adorable!!!

I'm so glad you're doing better with the sleep thing...it's truly a hit/miss thing. Some days Julian sleeps great...other days I'm up all night long trying to soothe him to sleep. Luckily, the "sleep great" nights are becoming more frequent...and the bad nights, less.

Sleep makes everyone in the house happier...including baby! ;) Glad things are getting better for ya!

Lawry said...

Man he's a cutie! Just remember they never stay little long!! Mine's 13 months and I swear I just brought him home yesterday LOL

docgrumbles said...

So cute! I think JAG is about to enter a growth spurt, and I am worn out! I am reading up right now.