As of yesterday around 4pm, I have been so achy in my pelvic and vaginal area. The aching varies in intensity but never goes away. And did I mention the painful, shooting aches that I experience in my breasts? Especially the left one. It's so weird but I can't help but think these are good signs...
Around 8pm last night, I experienced incredibly painful contractions. I could barely stand, move, or talk. So I told Mr. LIW not to get excited but that we should start watching the clock. So we did. The pain intensified when I moved around and sat on the ball. The edge of the pain subsided when I lied down. But there was no clear pattern and within 30 minutes they were gone. The achiness has remained and I continue to experience short-lived but somewhat painful contractions. But nothing like the intensity I felt last night. Nor are there any clear patterns.
I woke up periodically last night with strong BH uterine contractions. The achiness had alleviated a bit but hadn't gone away.
So I am working from home today and trying not to convince myself that I can expect to be in labor within the next 12-24 hours. The achiness is the strangest part of it all. I know that pelvic pain can happen in the end of pregnancy because of the pressure but does what I am experiencing fit the description? And does it make sense that I would have such terrible contractions last night but then have them stop? I thought it might have been an intestinally-focused pain (and it did send me to the bathroom) but I have experienced that so many times and this felt very different.
I would call my OB's office but she will tell me what she tells me every week: call when the contractions are rhythmic and 5-10 minutes apart.
So I sit here and wonder. And try to manage my expectations. I have consulted Dr. Google and it appears that I may be in early labor. What annoys me is that my OB has told me that she will not check to see if I am dilated until we believe I am in active labor. Which annoys me.
I am going to do what I have done since I started this blog: consult my expert bloggers. What do you think? Does this experience resonate with anyone?
The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing the Space....
- Blurb This
- Certifiably Infertile
- Crazy? or Pregnant
- Dead Baby Jokes
- Disenchanted with the Reality that is My Life
- Egg Drop Soup
- Fertility Challenged in Florida
- Fortune Cookie Follies
- Henry Street
- Infertility and Hope
- Infertility Just Sucks
- Life from Here: Musings from the Edge
- Life In a Pitri Dish
- Looking for two lines
- Losing the Baby Wait
- Mission Impossible or Adventures in Infertility
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- My Prayers His Promises
- One Hardy Swimmer
- One Miracle Needed
- Our Journey to Parenthood
- Outlandish Notions
- Reproductive Jeans
- Searching for Hope
- Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters
- The Island
- The Making of Baby V
- The Mama Wannabe
- The Maybe Baby
- The Secret Garden
- The Sweet Life
- The Trials of Trace in Adoption La-La Land
- Un-Simple Procreation
- Wishing Bee
- Wizard of Ovulation

10 comments:
My only assvice is to go not stick too closely to your OB's rule. My contractions never developed any pattern to them at all but if I had waited much longer I would have been having the baby on the side of the road during rush hour.
oh...and my early contractions did send me to the bathroom each time.
Hope this is it!
This is definitely another type of purgatory! I say, if you feel like you need to be checked out, go get yourself checked out.
Not that I have any personal experience with this, but my mom has told me with all three kids, her early labor also caused that bathroom connection.
The feeling in the breast--had that. Its something to do with hormones and milk coming in, etc. Its nothing to worry about.
I am with everyone else tho--if you would feel better--have them check you out. That is what they are there for. :-)
I definitely had the irregular contractions in the final days of my pregnancy. Mine would be regular for a couple hours and then go away for a while. A friend told me I'd have the baby within a week. My water broke within a couple days, though I never really went into labor and ended up needing Pitocin so my daughter would be born within 24 hours of my water breaking.
sounds very familiar. if you have any gut feelings, go with them. if you need to be checked out to ease your mind, just go to L&D.
you could have been alittle overworked, over tired, or dehydrated these cause more intense BH. If you kay down and rest and they do not go away. I'd call the dr
Prodromal labor can last a while. L & D units are very used to checking out moms who aren't quite sure. That's why they have triage. When in doubt, check it out!
Why won't they check to see if you are dilating?
do you have a doula?
call your ob whenever you need to. that is what she is there for. early labour can go on for a long time, but you still need to know what is happening for your own sanity.
also? stop working! go for some long walks, and REST, woman, REST! you're about to run a marathon so you're going to need it!
xo
megan
I don't know much about this part of the game but I'm going to throw in my two cents anyways - that baby is coming soon. I think you should be resting and relaxing as much as you possibly can. Oh, and keep Mr. LIW on speed dial!
Keep us posted!
You got some good advice there. I never actually HAD contractions with Baby O - my water just broke - so I can't really help with this part. Fingers crossed you're not waiting too much longer.
xx
Post a Comment