Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

The Ever-Illusive Peace

The Ever-Illusive Peace
Trying to choose a positive reality

Friday, May 23, 2008

The skirt is the same but the belly isn't....20 Week Belly Shot




A theme has clearly begun. The belly shots are now being taken with interesting backgrounds. This one was taken at the Gard.en of the Go.ds in Colorado Springs. If you haven't been there, it is a park full of amazing rock formations. Since I wrote a poem for LL on the plane (I promise to post it soon) about being 20 weeks, I thought it was important to take a great picture. My plan is to print the poem on nice paper, attach this picture, and then frame it in his bedroom. He won't understand the poem until he is 14 at best, but I am hoping it becomes a sentimental keepsake when he is older and I am senile or dead. (Don't you love how my mind works??)

I guess I am feeling a bit numb these days. I still can't believe this is all happening. LL's movements put me nearly in a trance. It feels like I carry around a little secret. I am so proud of my belly but yet having people comment on it or talk about the pregnancy is still uncomfortable. I have started using "our son" when talking to Mr. LIW about LL and it feels so strange yet tantalizing. Mr. LIW is DYING to feel his movements. He touches my belly when I tell him that LL is moving but he doesn't feel it. He asked the other day how long it will be until he can. I have never seen Mr. LIW so enraptured by anything. My MIL's latest antic actually brought us closer together after a very uncomfortable discussion. Mr. LIW pointed out to me that I don't always think of us as a team and tend to think in terms of "I" when times are difficult. He's right about that. He's the first person I have been with who doesn't become self-absorbed in the face of strife and so I am used to going into survival mode. I now truly realize how much I can depend on Mr. LIW emotionally. He has really come a long way in that regard. And we listen and talk so much better. That time in couples therapy last year continues to pay off.

I learned yesterday that my new company provides conceirge-type services, including searching for daycare providers, free of charge. I plan to send an email early next week to request the services. I NEED to get moving on this issue but I still find it nearly impossible. I have the list that I printed up but still cannot bring myself to call. I need to work on this.

After I take the dog for a walk tonight, I plan to check in with all of you... I may not have time to comment but I promise that I will read.

XOXO

12 comments:

Delenn said...

Congrats on reaching the 2nd trimester! You are looking good.

AwkwardMoments said...

the baby is already a traveler! Cannot wait to read the poem!

George said...

Great belly shot! Wow, you're definitely showing!!! You look beautiful. What a cool service to have at your company - I wish we had that! :)

Mazzy said...

beautiful photo--as always, it is such joy to hear such joy. ;)

Tracy said...

You look beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Tara said...

You look great. Cute belly pic. I must apologize! I have been so mushy in the head that I totally missed a few of your posts, including the one where you announced that LL was a boy! So belated congrats on that.

xo

Heather said...

Love the pic! I've been to the Garden of the Gods and it is truly amazing. Congrats on being in the 2nd trimester.

niobe said...

It looks like you really are one of those women who really have that fabled pregnancy "glow."

Ivonne said...

LL is on his way to becoming a seasoned traveler. :)
Congrats on reaching the 2nd trimester, I know what a relief adn disbelief it is to and you look great! congrats.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Great scenery for a belly shot!

Adriane said...

Great belly shot!! So cool that you are feeling LL move! Mr LIW will feel it soon - it's magical!

Your new company rocks! Concierge services, including day care provider searches? WOW!! :-)

lisalou said...

This is a lovely belly shot!