



"Slow but steady progress wins the race." ~ Aesop's, "The Tortoise and the Hare"
Never in my life has this fable held more meaning than watching LIW labor for 47 hours. No, that is not a typographical error…FORTY-SEVEN HOURS!!! And, LIW was nothing less than amazing for each every one of the forty-seven.
Then, at 2:35PM in the afternoon of Sunday, October 12, 2008, the world heard for the first time the most brilliant cry of Colin Jeremiah (aka - Little Life). He is a healthy baby boy weighing 6lbs. 14oz. and measuring 20 inches in length.
Tired from nothing less than an epic labor, Mom is resting and recovering well. As for Dad, he is incredibly proud of the love of his life for her "slow and steady progress" and he is tremendously happy holding his perfect little boy.
~ Mr. LIW

40 comments:
He is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to you both!
(and holy cow, my new hero...47 hours...wow...)
Oh my dear sweet friend, I don't usually tear up at birth announcements, but this one choked me up - in a totally wonderful way. He's beautiful and perfect and I am so happy for you!
He is gorgeous! Congratulations to you both!
47 hours...I bow to you!
He is gorgeous....Congrats Mom and Dad.
Eeeeek on the 47 hours.
Thank you for posting and sharing. I've been checking in for news. Colin is absolutely beautiful. So very precious! Many congrats to the new Mommy and Daddy.
Yay!
Welcome to the world, you beautiful little guy!
47 hours? I am so sorry (and suddenly a little scared...)
OH MY GOD!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! He's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. So happy for you both.
Hugs and kisses to LIW.
Congratulations!! Wow—I cannot IMAGINE that many hours in labor! Fantastic job, Ann-Marie!
And those are the most wonderful pictures of LL. Congratulations to you both!!
What a beautiful baby and what stunning photos! Congratulations!!
47 hours - She is a real life super hero!
LL is fantastically delicious! Beautiful post
he's just gorgeous!
congratulations! congratulations! congratulation! i'm so very happy for you!
Fantastic news...and great job on such a long labor! Baby "LL" is gorgeous...thanks for sharing photos of him!
He's just perfect!! And 47 hours, wow! You are an inspiration!
Congrats!!! He is beautiful!
He's precious!! Congratulations! Enjoy every second, I"m so happy for you guys!!
Congratulations!! He is darling!!
Congrats on the birth of Colin! You are a lady in waiting no more!
Congratulations! Those are gorgeous photos of your son.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you all!
Welcome to the world, LL!
Such wonderful, wonderful news (except for the 47 hour labor, natch)!
He is super adorable!
wonderful! congratulations!!! I've been following along for over a year, so happy for you.
Absolutely gorgeous, you two! Well done.
Yay congrats and welcome gorgeous colin.
Congratulations!! He is gorgeous and Kudos to LIW for 47 hours of labour :)
xxx
He's a beautiful baby!
congrats! and man that was a long labor. he is beautiful. absoutley beautiful.
HOLY COW! 47 HOURS!! You are a trooper! I raise my bottle of water to you!
And, WOW - he is so beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Congratulations!!!!!! He is gorgoeus. I Am so happy for you guys.
47 hours??? OMG
Congratlations! That is a beautiful boy you have there! I hope you are recovering well after such a tremendous labor. XOXO
HURRAH, Congrats, he's gorgeous, well done :) enjoy!
Congratulations!!!
47 hours, good god...
Congratulations to all! What a beautiful, beautiful baby.
Yay!!!! Congratulations. So, so, so happy for all of you.
And he's beautiful.
Oh, and I HEART the name.
Congrats again.
Amazingly beautiful
What wonderful, wonderful news. He's just perfect. Congratulations and best wishes to all of you.
Congratulations, he's beautiful!
Congratulations, I hope everything is going well!
Updates, please! Let us know how you all are?
A thousand congratulations on the birth of your little son Colin! What an absolute cutie he is.
Forty-seven hours? You have my undying admiration, dear LIW!
I hope you are all doing well.
He's gorgeous. Hope when you catch a few breaths you can come back and let us know how things are going.
I am so behind - a belated Congratulations on the birth of Little Life!!
Post a Comment